Prev: [SG] Heavy IAVR Next: Re: [ot] Cool anime fleet battles to get inspiriation from.

RE: [ot] Cool anime fleet battles to get inspiriation from.

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 16:45:07 +1000
Subject: RE: [ot] Cool anime fleet battles to get inspiriation from.

On Friday, October 12, 2001 4:11 PM, Alister Crowe
[SMTP:croweall@bigpond.com] wrote:
> Overall, its a very cool fleet battle, with lots of big anime-style
laser
> fire and explosions.
>
> I often think of anime when I am playing my games in full thrust, to
help
> imagine what the ship is actually doing...
>
> Can you guys think of any other animes that are good for drawing
> inspiriation from?
I can't think of the names of any at the moment, but bookwise (that's
not a
common read) try:
"The Dragon Never Sleeps" by Glen Cook
http://www.xmission.com/~shpshftr/GC/Books/DrgnSlps.html
http://www.kentaurus.com/dragon.htm

About halfway through the book, there's a good account of an ambush
(which
was expected).
3 Guardships (translation: DeathStar equivalent) went in, only 1 1/2
came
out.  I really want to do this as a scenario, but the attacker would get
disheartened after the first 10,000 points was blown away...

Neath Southern Skies -http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernskies/
[Firestorm] Battletech PBeM GM

Prev: [SG] Heavy IAVR Next: Re: [ot] Cool anime fleet battles to get inspiriation from.