Prev: RE: FMA DSII+ Next: Re: FMA DSII+

Re: FMA DSII+

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 19:05:30 EDT
Subject: Re: FMA DSII+

On Mon, 24 Sep 2001 17:09:11 -0400 (EDT) Roger Books
<books@jumpspace.net> writes:
<snip>

>I looked through his mods and, while they look like they will work,
>have a different feel than the SG system.  He is attempting to
>duplicate the chit draw with dice.  I don't feel that is any more
>realistic, and certainly more complicated that the SG method.
>
>It looks to me that with a little effort DS can be given much
>of the same "look and feel" of SG without damaging the system.
>Brians mods are DS with Dice.	I'm looking for SG in another
>scale, much as the playtest of FMA felt like SG in a bit different
>scale.
>
>Roger (Never Happy)

Never happy? <grin>

Roger, if Jon goes to a "SG" feel for DS2 I will ignore it and play with
either the chits (which i have no problem with) or the (if I develop a
dislike for the chits)	posted mods/dice method by Brian.  I don't think
I want DS2 (company sized battle) to feel like a skirmish.  Neither do I
have a wild desire to see either game gutted to look like or be
compatible with the other.  Maybe because I don't play SG2 and maybe
because I like the way DS2 works.  And maybe because I hate change
without what I perceive (yes it is subjective) to be a need.  I get
enough of that at work (like some Grunt wants a laptop filled with a
non-existant G.I.S. over a map in a fox hole.)	To me it isn't broken so
it shouldn't be 'fixed'!

But I won't suggest you stop trying.  Maybe you'll finally be happy.
<grin>

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com