Prev: Scratchbuilding inspiration! Next: Re: why wargame

Re: why wargame

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 20:53:14 -0400
Subject: Re: why wargame

After my grey cells (both of them) percolated a little more on this
topic, I remembered a passage in The Screwtape Letters that covers the
topic neatly.  My copies all seem to be on perpetual loan (if you have
a copy and can find the passage--IIRC it's about 2/3 the way
through--please send it to me offlist), so I'm paraphrasing quite
loosely: during peace, people go on with their ordinary business and
indulge themselves in avarice, sloth, envy and so forth; war has its
horrors, but it also makes clear the value of courage, prudence,
self-sacrifice, loyalty, and other virtues.

Prev: Scratchbuilding inspiration! Next: Re: why wargame