Prev: [SG] Force XXI 15mm? Next: Re: why wargame

Scratchbuilding inspiration!

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 17:48:31 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Scratchbuilding inspiration!

I was at the local model club's annual show the other day, and there was
small 'dealers' room - mostly people selling off extra kits, from what I
saw... and one guy with two big boxes of extra kit parts, mostly from
car
kits!

Five bucks got me four ziplocks of random plastic parts - fodder for
years
of all sorts of scratchbuilding! There's lots of bits for my expanding
15mm industrial scenery, FT ships & stations, and whatever else I can
dream up!

I know zip about the guts of cars, but I got a lot of engine parts,
underside bits, piping, and other things - under a new coat of paint and
in an odd location, where the bits actually come from becomes irrelevant
anyway.

Keep an eye out for a model club show in your area - or buy one of the
larger scale car kits cheap, just for the parts...

Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -
- http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -

Prev: [SG] Force XXI 15mm? Next: Re: why wargame