Prev: Re: DSII: Power Armour Next: Re: DSII: Power Armour

Re: DSII: Power Armour

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 14:04:08 -0400
Subject: Re: DSII: Power Armour

At 1:17 PM +0100 9/23/01, Doug Wright wrote:
>A discussion point - does PA provide increased protection (5 pips to
>kill, compared with the standards infantry's 4 in Dirtside II)
>through extra armour - their sealed all-encasing ceramics or steel
>or whatever; somewhat better than the average grunt's kevlar vest
>and 'chickenplate' high-velocity inserts - or through speed and
>manoeuvrability, such as the 'Bounce' in Heinlein's Starship
>Troopers? I'm inclined to think that dodging and weaving is more
>important, so I'm toying with the idea of not allowing PA troops to
>dig in the same as regular infantry and militia. What are people's
>thoughts?

I can't see how PA wouldn't be able to dig in. The can kneel and bend
down. Likely PA would use Digging charges to loosen the dirt to make
the fighting position. A slightly deeper FP would be fairly easy for
someone with PA to dig, especially as a shovel attachment could be
incorporated into the carapace somewhere.

If they are expected to hold a line until a counter attack, they'd
likely be better off under cover than milling around in a field for
some FO to land a firemission on.

--
- Ryan Montieth Gill		DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com  I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -

Prev: Re: DSII: Power Armour Next: Re: DSII: Power Armour