Prev: Re: Fighter Customization Rules Next: Re: AW: [FT]Star Trek rules - BIG thanks

Re: Mounted Cavalry

From: adrian.johnson@s...
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 13:52:53 -0400
Subject: Re: Mounted Cavalry

Hi Guys,

Sounds very interesting.  If the figures are good, I'd most certainly be
interested in ordering a bunch.  How many "poses" or types were you
planning to order - enough to make up a mounted platoon without every
other
figure being the same?

If they are "lower-techish" they would make great mounted
militia/rebels/colonials.  If "higher-techish" they would be good
mounted
regular light infantry.  So, I don't have a preference either way for
the
visors-no visors discussion or the GL / no-GL discussion.  I don't see,
however, why the 25mm integral-type GL's of the SG universe would cause
problem to a rider on a horse.	They aren't very big.

You might consider giving them all some type of LAW like the new Gurkha
figures have.

>pack-wearing figure that with an antenna becomes an EW trooper, and =
>without becomes a medic.

good idea.

>mike).  They would be wearing cowboy-style boots, spurs, and leather =
>chaps,

I have to side with the group that doesn't much like the idea of cowboy
boots and leather chaps.  I'd sorta think that the SG future troopers
could
be equipped with something that provides the same protection, but as an
integral part of their combat uniforms.  Leg armour, if they're wearing
it,
or the cloth material of their uniforms otherwise.  Spurs would be easy
remove from a figure unless they're done with all kinds of straps around
the boot, and doing a generic-ish boot that doesn't show straps or
laces,
but has a standard boot toe, is a decent compromise between the cowboy
boot/no cowboy boot debate.

At the scale of a 25mm SG figure, it really isn't a big deal, unless
they
are archaic looking, in which case people will notice.

and instead of traditional web gear they should have LBVs =
>(loadbearing vests like the US Army has--will send pictures if =

good idea

>Other armament would include: a bull-pupped rifle (simillar to NAC one,
=
>but no underbarrel grenade launcher),

why not?  the SG universe ones are small - not at all like an M203-type
setup.

>Don's doing up some drawings and we'll be taking pictures of some =
>specific equipment combinations to get more details worked out, but how
=
>much interest in mounted troops is there?

Well, if they're good, I'd buy a platoon worth, or so.

Prev: Re: Fighter Customization Rules Next: Re: AW: [FT]Star Trek rules - BIG thanks