Prev: Re: 2nd CanAm Next: Re: [FT] Should all Beams fire at fighters/ordinance?

Re: 2nd CanAm

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 12:58:38 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: 2nd CanAm

--- devans@uneb.edu wrote:

> ***
> It seems to me that with a few exceptions (Savasku,
> games with huge amounts of ordinance, grossly
> mismatched opponents) FT balances very well, at
> least in the FB1 era. Why not allow customized
> ships? To me, building good ships is half of why
> I love the game.
> ***
>
> Absolutely, but Tom's point is that the NI and IF
> are not as rigorously
> playtested against the other three FBI fleets, so
> playing one FBI fleet
> against a non-FBI is asking for trouble.
>
> Playing totally scratchbuilt fleet scenarios can be
> hard to GM if you are
> playing a 'serious' tourney, though most FT
> tourney's still have fun as the
> major object.
>
> The_Beast

Well then the pretested, fixed ship scenario would
appear to be an answer. Playtest it well, and
switch sides regularly so one good player won't
tilt the results. If you can develop a good
scenario, any ships could be used, as long as
you have them to playtest in advance. Perhaps
you could ask the CANAM players to submit ships in
advance? Could they build a team in advance
before the tourney in time to send in their ships
to be playtested?

Prev: Re: 2nd CanAm Next: Re: [FT] Should all Beams fire at fighters/ordinance?