Prev: RE: 2nd CanAm Next: Re: 2nd CanAm

Re: 2nd CanAm

From: devans@u...
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 14:49:13 -0500
Subject: Re: 2nd CanAm

***
It seems to me that with a few exceptions (Savasku,
games with huge amounts of ordinance, grossly
mismatched opponents) FT balances very well, at
least in the FB1 era. Why not allow customized
ships? To me, building good ships is half of why
I love the game.
***

Absolutely, but Tom's point is that the NI and IF are not as rigorously
playtested against the other three FBI fleets, so playing one FBI fleet
against a non-FBI is asking for trouble.

Playing totally scratchbuilt fleet scenarios can be hard to GM if you
are
playing a 'serious' tourney, though most FT tourney's still have fun as
the
major object.

Prev: RE: 2nd CanAm Next: Re: 2nd CanAm