Prev: Re: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust Next: RE: Re: fighter bases

Re: Canon - What makes something Canon?

From: Charles Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 13:25:29 +0100
Subject: Re: Canon - What makes something Canon?

In message <20010606.073535.10247.4.triphibious@juno.com>
	  Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@juno.com> wrote:

[snip]

> Ditto, I like the idea of matching the various aliens against each
other
> in my scenario generator based on Starguard, Ratner's Space Marines
> (Pre-GW), my own fervid (if not fertile) imagination, a dash of
Stellar
> Conflicts and Uprisings, and a smidgen of Earth history extrapolated
> unmercifully.
>
> Each Alien race has a 'style' of FT ships - Nektons LOVE NB's (18
known
> NB Needle Boat designs alone - all FT capable) but like MT missiles,
PT's
> and 'one BIG beam' for non-NB ships;	while Klackons try to fit two
> (paired) beams of the largest caliber they can get and strong and
super
> hulls on bigger ships backed up always by Armor, armor, armor plus the
> latest WeapBur designed ships incorporating a screen in place of some
of
> the armor although "Joint Staff" is opposed to the idea; the Mertuns
like
> lots of smaller beams, PT and screens; and the Whistlers with
Fighters!
> and SM's maxx'ed tied to average-to-fragile hulls and the only known
main
> drive 12 Scout in this part of space. Oh, and a ton of "militia"
Non-FTL
> SD boats where the crews strive to gain enough glory to be transferred
> the 'regulars'.
>
> "Good" designs? - that may not be true in game terms but should make
for
> some fun games...
>
> Fire the Canons!
>
> Glenn/Triphibious
> This is my Science Fiction Alter Ego E-mail address.

Do you (or have you considered) use the Phalon multi-layer 'shell'
armour from FB2 for your Klackton designs (especially the bigger ones)?
>From you description of them, I think it would fit their design
philosophy (but could get a bit expensive).

Another, slightly scary, though for the Klactons is for them to use one
of Noam's Beam Bridges (see WotW #9) between the 2 big beams :-)

Charles
--

Prev: Re: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust Next: RE: Re: fighter bases