Prev: Re: Canon - What makes something Canon? Next: Re: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust

RE: Re: fighter bases

From: Charles Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 14:01:54 +0100
Subject: RE: Re: fighter bases

In message <OF6BBB528B.24D10920-ON86256A63.005B7514@uneb.edu>
	  devans@uneb.edu wrote:

[snip]

> Your mentioning pens made me think of the mechanism in most
retractible
> ballpoints. Each press causes a cam to swing on ratchet teeth. If you
could
> make each twist a number, six through one, each time you pressed a
button,
> you'd decrease either the number of fighters or steps of endurance.
>
> Oi, me brain hurts!
>
> The_Beast
>
> -Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

Or something like a Mage-Knight Rebellion base - but it could only show
either 'number of fighters remaining' or 'number of CEF remaining'.

Hmm... _could_ do the following (need to check sizes) - glue B5W Fleet
Action fighter base (the new plastic ones) on top of top part of a MK-R
base. Print out replacement insert for MK-R base showing number of CEF
remaining (9 down to 0, to allow for long range fighters). Loose fit
B5W-FA fighters into the base, so they can be removed to represent
losses (or glue GZG fighters to lengths of plastic rodding of the
appropriate diameter).
I wonder if anyone gan get job lots of 'blank' MK-R bases? - otherwise
this is going to cost :-)

Or scratchbuild an equivalent construction :-)

Charles

--

Prev: Re: Canon - What makes something Canon? Next: Re: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust