Prev: Re: [FT] JTLs Genre fighters. Incomplete. Next: Re: FT Fighters - Indicating Types Question

Armour generator

From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@s...>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 19:21:42 -0700
Subject: Armour generator

With this discussion of shields that work as armour and ST and all the
likes it occurs to me that for the last episode of Voyager they came up
with an interesting idea. An armour generator. The unit would be like a
shield unit but would produce a certain amount of armour in relation to
the size of the generator. Ok.. here's some concepts, I haven't thought
it through, I haven't figured the numbers, I just calling it out of my
ass so no yealling it'll be unbalancing because I'm sure it will be. :)

Lets say each level @ 5% ship mass.
Each level creates 5 armour points.
Armour absorbs all damage
Once armour is gone generator takes threshold check @ 5+
Armour regenerates during repair phase @ 1 point per level
Generator can be targeted by needle beams
While armour up needle beams cam only target generator
Generator takes thresholds like normal system
If repaired armour regenerates as normal that turn

This system is more cost effective for small ships and less for large
ones. Should make smaller ships harder to kill and more usefull.

Let the hacking of the idea begin.  :)

Jaime

Prev: Re: [FT] JTLs Genre fighters. Incomplete. Next: Re: FT Fighters - Indicating Types Question