Prev: [FT] Real Shields (or better armor) Next: Cannon - What makes something Cannon?

RE: [FT] Real Shields (or better armor)

From: "Brian Bell" <bbell1@i...>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 19:35:52 -0400
Subject: RE: [FT] Real Shields (or better armor)

Two years ago, I ran a game at GZGECC with a pre-FB2 Sa'Vasku force that
had shields. Each shield was rated (related to power) and absorbed all
damage upto that rating in a round, and then provided no additional
protection in the round. The next round they provided the same
protection (if powered and not damaged). They could NOT be combined with
armor or screens. For the game I did not try to cost them out for human
ships.

For human ships it is a little bit tougher. I would suggest the
following as a starting point for discussion:

Shield Projector
Mass: 5% of ship mass (minimum 1 mass)
Cost: 3 per mass
Protection: 3 points
Symbol: Shield Shape
Rules: Each round a shield will absorb the first 3 damage points that
the ship would have taken. Any damage after this is taken at full value.
Unless the shield projector is damaged (threshold damage, needle
attack), it can absorb this amount of damage each round.