Prev: Re: Maritime Strike Bombers Next: RE: [FT] Real Shields (or better armor)

[FT] Real Shields (or better armor)

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 10:42:54 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [FT] Real Shields (or better armor)

I don't know what Jon has in mind for FBIII, but
if one postulated a shield in Star Trek, it might
look something like armor in FT, but Armor in
FT works only against some things.

If you wanted armor that was effective against
anything (including for example pulse torpedoes
and K guns) what might that armor cost in mass
and points?

I'd be interested in either something like that,
or perhaps simply some kind of electromagnetic
shield that works against both energy and physical
objects for FBIII if that were possible.

If such a system were available I'd be willing
to operate under a limitation of using only that
system in lieu of screens and/or armor. Has anything
been talked about? I saw the mass/energy screen in
the weapon/defense archive, but has anybody tested
it for play balance or feel and is GZG considering
such a thing?

Thanks in advance!

Prev: Re: Maritime Strike Bombers Next: RE: [FT] Real Shields (or better armor)