Prev: Re: Leading from the front, reprise Next: Re: Getting nailed from Way Far Away (tm)

Re: Getting nailed from Way Far Away (tm)

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 20:56:07 -0400
Subject: Re: Getting nailed from Way Far Away (tm)

On Tue, 29 May 2001 23:29:15 +0100, David Brewer <david@brewer.to>
wrote:

>FWIW, not Ran but Kagemusha. Kurosawa was very influenced by
>American films, especially Westerns, so perhaps he might have
>heard this story.

Thank you. I was wracking my brain for the episode in Ran (which I've
seen a
couple of times, but only saw Kagemusha once). Oh, if you're into buying
samurai movies on DVD (I am!), "Hidden Fortress" just came out on DVD
from
Criterion. A must see for samurai, and Star Wars, fans.

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

"Now, see, if you combine different colours of light,
 you get white! Try that with Play-Doh and you get
 brown! How come?" - Alan Moore & Kevin Nolan,

Prev: Re: Leading from the front, reprise Next: Re: Getting nailed from Way Far Away (tm)