Prev: Re: Getting nailed from Way Far Away (tm) Next: Re: Getting nailed from Way Far Away (tm)

Re: Leading from the front, reprise

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 20:43:51 -0400
Subject: Re: Leading from the front, reprise

On Tue, 29 May 2001 06:12:07 -0500, "Noel Weer" <noel.weer@verizon.net>
wrote:

>  I thought Stonewall was the one shot by his own sentries on a dark
evening.
> I can't remember who discovered the new rifle...

Yep, he was, while out patrolling in front of his troops, at dusk.

>  And while we are on the subject, a couple of us were discussing the
other
> day that table top gaming has a decided lack of friendly fire
incidents...
> Anyone have a house rule?

The problem is that gamers have too much knowledge of the overall
situation.
It's easy to set up a house rule for when one unit fires at an enemy
unit with
a friendly unit sort of along the line of sight. However, a lot of
friendly
fire incidents occur from firing at an unknown unit or from one unit
over
firing an enemy. Any kind of rule that would allow this would result in
players moving their units so as not to have crossfires. It's hard to
play
with totally hidden units without an umpire and totally hidden movement.
think it's the sort of thing you'd see more in a double-blind e-mail
based
game with multiple players.

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

"Now, see, if you combine different colours of light,
 you get white! Try that with Play-Doh and you get
 brown! How come?" - Alan Moore & Kevin Nolan,

Prev: Re: Getting nailed from Way Far Away (tm) Next: Re: Getting nailed from Way Far Away (tm)