Prev: 35th Rifle Batallion Next: Re: Re: [FT] Can Extra Damage Control Parties be hit on Threshholds?

Re: [FT] Banked Weapons

From: "stranger" <stranger@c...>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 17:02:17 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Banked Weapons

> --- stranger <stranger@cvn.net> wrote:
> > Instead of all that trouble, the Plasma Bolt
> > Launcher from FB2 works really
> > well as a Plasma Torpedo.
> >
> Yea, that was my first thought. I can't get the
> group to buy it though. But then they won't
> buy anything really. Mores the pity

Too bad, that's what I do for my Trek ships.  They need to get off the
SFB
box.  SFB is a good game, but is not the end all of Trek.  As far as I
know,
SFB is the only source that says Plasma weapons are seeking.  In
"Balance of
Terror" where we see it being used, no such claim is made.  In the FASA
Trek
rules, the Plasma Torpedo is in fact a direct fire weapon, NOT a seeking
weapon!

If your friends want to stick to only "official" weapons systems, then
the
PBL really seems to be the best choice.

Prev: 35th Rifle Batallion Next: Re: Re: [FT] Can Extra Damage Control Parties be hit on Threshholds?