Prev: RE: RE: Re: (FT) Crew Quality Next: Re: [FT] Banked Weapons

Re: [OT]-ish : Figure painting question

From: cmorgan <cmorgan@s...>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 12:27:18 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT]-ish : Figure painting question

Try a chestnut ink, and not that Games Workshop stuff. Go to an art
store
and get--I believe--Windsor's Chestnut (for a reddish shade) or sepia
(for
purer brown). Dilute with Windex. Windex contains a good surfactant for
getting into the crevices, and the blue tint will not--and I mean *will
not*--tint the wash. Try a series dilution, and work from dilute to
stronger. If the dilute solution doesn't work, try a stronger one, until
you
get the result. I usually dry brush or tough up the surrounding paint
job
afterwords. But for the sand this works really well for me.