Prev: RE: Re: [FT] Can Extra Damage Control Parties be hit on Threshholds? Next: Re: [OT]-ish : Figure painting question

RE: RE: Re: (FT) Crew Quality

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 12:26:08 -0400
Subject: RE: RE: Re: (FT) Crew Quality

"laserlight@quixnet.net" wrote:
> Not so.  A simple way of doing it would be: Excellent increases weapon
RANGE by 2" per 6", good increases by 1" per 6", etc.
> Example: "excellent" firing B2 would do 2d6 at 16mu, and 1d6 out to
32mu.

Allan said:
>I thought of something similar, but I think you end up skewing the
probabilities for various weapons. Goosing the range a pulse torpedo
makes it easier to hit but makes no difference to its damage. Goosing
the range band of a beam essentially doubles the damage. Some weapons
would be far more useful in the hands of a good crew than others.

I'm really short on caffeine today, but I'm not seeing why this is so.
If we assume that all weapons are balanced as is, then why would adding
16% or 33% range across the board unbalance them?