Prev: Re: [FT] Tech Level? Is there such a thing? Next: Re: Pre-written and mid-move shots Re: [FT] Simultaneous Fire

Re: [FT] Tech Levels

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 08:14:14 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Tech Levels

I really like Alan (right?) Brain's Tech level idea. If it was posted
before, I hadn't seen it. It allows you to keep everything balanced in
FT
with minimal tweaking. Its even simpler than my tech level concept,
which
I'm (of course) partial to. My concept was variation of the MU. If
"standard
tech" MU's are 1 inch, Low tech would be 2 cm. High tech would be 3 cm.
Costs scale with the difference in MU size, and the MU scale of a given
tech
level applies for muvement, weapon range, etc. I have a simple formula
on
the NIFT page somewhere.

Both of these don't require any fiddling with systems or making any
thing
tech level specific. Both systems are scalable, meaning you could use
"FB
standard" if all your ships are of a given tech level, regardless of the
era.

Prev: Re: [FT] Tech Level? Is there such a thing? Next: Re: Pre-written and mid-move shots Re: [FT] Simultaneous Fire