Prev: Re: [FT] Tech Levels Next: Re: Pre-written and mid-move shots Re: [FT] Simultaneous Fire

Re: Pre-written and mid-move shots Re: [FT] Simultaneous Fire

From: Tony Francis <tony.francis@k...>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 13:34:05 +0100
Subject: Re: Pre-written and mid-move shots Re: [FT] Simultaneous Fire

Phillip Atcliffe wrote:

> On Tue, 15 May 2001 10:42:18 -0500 devans@uneb.edu wrote:
>
> Quoting Tony:
> >> Aeronef (rules for Victorian SF flyers by Wessex Games) uses a
> split turn sequence similar to this. Each turn is split into two
> phases, ships move half their movement allowance in each phase and can
> fire at the end of either phase (only one fire per ship per turn). The
> upshot is that everyone tends to fire at the end of the first phase
> unless out of range. <<
>
> Interestingly, I never found that players hurried their shots; they
> were more likely, in my experience, to wait until the target entered
an
> appropriate range band (as defined by the to-hit number) and then cut
> loose. The system seemed to work pretty well.

This doesn't apply in Aeronef as there's only one range band - you're
either in range or you're not.

> > I've Aeronef rules, but never played, yet. However, I did include a
> penalty for firing on the first half, but failed to mention my idea
> included one shot per full turn. <
>
> Don't know enough about Aeronef (not a VSF fan) to comment on this;
> do you mean that the ship can only fire once and/or on one target per
> full turn, or each weapon can fire once?

Ships in Aeronef can only fire once at a single target per turn (in FT
terms, they only have one FireCon).

Tony

Tony Francis
Senior Software Engineer

Prev: Re: [FT] Tech Levels Next: Re: Pre-written and mid-move shots Re: [FT] Simultaneous Fire