Prev: Re: DS II Battle Report Next: RE: DS II Battle Report

Re: DS II Battle Report

From: Kevin Balentine <balentine_media@y...>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 12:30:51 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: DS II Battle Report

Combat walkers are like mechs. The ones I'm using are
Battletech mechs, some small ones, the Purifier, I
think, and some slightly bigger ones, can't think of
the name but they're not as big as the full-size
Battletech mechs.

They have advantages and disadvantages, but my initial
belief is that they are slightly less powerful than a
tank of the same size with similar equipment. I base
that on the fact that they have a profile one size
larger than the tank, making them easier to hit. A
size three walker has a signature of a size four
vehicle (without stealth). By adding stealth, you're
adding points to the cost.

For my Main Battle Tanks, I'm using Renegade Legion
tanks. They're close enough to the same scale that it
works on the table. All my Battletech vehicles are
large artillery pieces and a big ZAD platform.

I think the moderns would look ok, but depending on
the manufacturer, probably would be significantly
smaller than the FASA pieces.