Prev: Re: The United States in Full Thrust Next: Re: The United States in Full Thrust

RE: The United States in Full Thrust

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 06:34:52 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: The United States in Full Thrust

--- Eli Arndt <emu2020@wattosjunkyard.com> wrote:
> We addressed this issue in our games by coming up
> with the FSR (Free Seperatist Republic) whish was a
> loose grouping of rebels formed from unsatisified
> NAC citizens and troops.

Just doesn't have the ring of  "United States
Navy" Besides would such an organization
field capital warships? Would they be painted
in navy colors in shapes reminiscent of USN
ships today?

I have to admit my secondary motivation  to
bring this up is that I don't buy the fluff.
I don't see the US collapsing, or US
generals taking control and asking for
UN intervention, or us becoming a part
of the NAC. I'm not a stickler for plausibility
(I watch Star Trek), but that strains even
my suspension of disbelief.  Come on,
we're better than that. This was written by
a (admittedly very bright) guy from Great
Britain, so SURPRISE England has a major
role in world affairs again.

Can't you see how appealing it would be
for a Brit to have England be a major player
again instead of this breakaway colony
who's now back where it "belonged." Hey
I like England as much as the next
American, but we didn't want to be an
English colony back in 1776 and I don't
see it happening in the future. Maybe I'm
wrong, but if it happens like the GZG fluff
I'll eat my hat.

Prev: Re: The United States in Full Thrust Next: Re: The United States in Full Thrust