Prev: RE: FT - No initiative simultaneous fire Next: Re: FT - No initiative simultaneous fire

RE: FT - No initiative simultaneous fire

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 04:29:03 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: FT - No initiative simultaneous fire

--- "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)"
<Brian.Bell@dscc.dla.mil> wrote:
...In OA,
> a Fire Phase allowed a Fire Group to fire in a Fire
> Phase. A Fire Group
> would consist of 1 capital (Battlecruiser and
> above), 2 Cruisers (Light to
> Heavy Cruiser), or 3 Escorts (Hvy Destroyer and
> under).

I would think that would be worse. Whole squadrons
would dissappear before getting the chance to fire
just on a roll of the dice (initiative). I liked
the initiativeless approach because luck was less
of a factor. It was planning that seemed to be
accentuated -- deciding who to fire at. Besides
the mechanics of deciding who fires first takes
time that we didn't have in this small test game.

Prev: RE: FT - No initiative simultaneous fire Next: Re: FT - No initiative simultaneous fire