Prev: RE: FT - No initiative simultaneous fire Next: Re: FT-Tugs and swarm tactics

Re: FT - No initiative simultaneous fire

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 04:40:26 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: FT - No initiative simultaneous fire

I originally started this thread with an idea (not
mine but a member of my group's) for NO initiative
play on the principle of speed and a reduction in
the effect of luck. All ships allocated fire by
means of laying out dice and then assessed damage
at the end of the turn before repair rolls.

One person didn't like it because he thought some
ships should fire before others. One didn't like it
because of the effect it had in turning 1-3 lower
threshholds into a larger one (reducing the number
of systems available at the end). While acknowledging
these problems, I thought it was worth it. Does
anyone have any further downsides for this approach?

It seems to me that more and more complex initiative
systems is kind of the opposite to the original
intention of the thread. Of course you can all discuss
whatever you're interested in, but I was hoping to
get a little more guidance in this method.

Prev: RE: FT - No initiative simultaneous fire Next: Re: FT-Tugs and swarm tactics