Prev: Squid Re: Toys from Jane's... Next: Re: Squid Re: Toys from Jane's...

Re: Toys from Jane's...

From: "Eli Arndt" <emu2020@w...>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 06:51:50 -0700
Subject: Re: Toys from Jane's...

You have a point, but I've also met my share of ex-military who carry
this strange know-it-all complex that is simply laughable.  I've met
guys who figure two years service makes them an expert in all things
military.  I once met a "tanker" who used his military background as
grounds for knowledge in everything from anicent warfare to naval
engagements.

In addition, knowing how to fight a war doesn't always serve you when
you have to filter real-world tactics through a rules system.  I don't
know how many times I've tried to replicate tactics used historically
only to hit a rules wall.

But mostly, you're right.

Eli,
Designated non-com