Prev: Re: Cheese factor Next: Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense

Re: A platoon by any other name... would it smell as sweet?

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 06:03:49 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: A platoon by any other name... would it smell as sweet?

--- "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@bitheads.com> wrote:

> Ultimately, I can imagine a platoon of 24 for
> militia, internal security,
> PA, elite forces. But for line forces I'd think
> 30-40 would be the norm.
>
> Your Mileage May (of course) Vary Dramatically!

Well, the premise of my heavy troops is "whatever fits
into the IFVs".  The IFVs are size 3 with a size 2
turreted RFAC and a second APSW, so there are only 8
seats.	So a squad is 8 men.  The headquarters section
works out to: PL, PSG, EW, Medic, Antiarmor team,
Machine gun team.  Each of the teams are two-man
teams.	Antiarmor should have a GMS/L, Machine gun
should have GPMG.

Light guys, I havn't really detailed because I havn't
chosen the mins for them.  But at a minimum:

Plt HQ:
   PL
   PSG
   EW
   Medic

3xLine Squads
   SL (AR/GL)
   5xAR/GL
   2xSAW

Weapons Squad
  Squad Leader (AR w/ GL for target marking)
  2xGPMG (2-man crew ea, AG carries AR)
  2xGMS/L (2-man crew ea, AG carries AR)

The weapons teams might be detached out, depending on
mission.

John

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Prev: Re: Cheese factor Next: Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense