Prev: Re: Infantry mounting in 6mm Next: Re: A platoon by any other name... would it smell as sweet?

Re: Cheese factor

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 09:01:54 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Cheese factor

On  2-Apr-01 at 14:13, John Atkinson (johnmatkinson@yahoo.com) wrote:

> Of course, I also can't imagine running a scenario
> where I'd _need_ more than a platoon of troops.  The
> only time you'd catch NRE PA away from their vehicles
> would be the drop infantry units and they are
> generally veteran/elite.  Which means I still don't
> need more than a platoon.  :)

I have one I'm setting up.  I've mentionned it here before,
it's a star wars scenario for my SW fanatic friends.  It's set
in a swamp.  There are areas where men and walkers can sink.
The rebels have full area knowledge, the Imperium has little.  It
is a "time-limited" scenario, the rebels do not have to defeat
the Imperium, they just have to hold them off.

Rebels:

  a squad has 4 men, blaster rifle (fp2) or pistol (fp1), d6 armour.
    green-vet, leader: 1-3

  Company Commander: Vet-1
  2xplatoon each with 2xrifles, 2xpistols

IP, 4 squads dug in, all hidden if the owning player so chooses.

Imperium

  a squad has 8 men, blaster rifle (fp2) or pistol (fp1), d8 armour.
    average-vet, leader 2-3

  Force Commander: Ave-2
  1 platoon, 2xrifles, 3xpistols
  1 AT-ST "Chicken Walker"

What I am trying to model is the Stormtroopers having the advantages
of numbers, training, and equipment while the Rebels have the
advantages of terrain and independance.  The one thing I'm not
sure about is how long the rebels should be capable of holding out
as I don't have a feel for how much is accomplished in a turn.

Roger

Prev: Re: Infantry mounting in 6mm Next: Re: A platoon by any other name... would it smell as sweet?