Prev: Re: A platoon by any other name... would it smell as sweet? Next: Re: [SG] Scout units

Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 06:04:51 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense

--- Roger Books <books@mail.state.fl.us> wrote:
> I will just point out this is part of a debate that
> cycles
> through here periodically.  There are two, rather
> vociferous
> camps.

I did try to look in the archives before I did my
post, but I couldn't find what I needed in the
archive or the experimental search. I apologise
if I opened old wounds. We do use fighter morale.

My problem is that I don't particularly like the
carrier battle. I'm a WWI battleline man at heart
(which FT is very good at by the way), but I can't
design ships like that because they get chewed by
by fighters. By the time I add enough PDSs to
defend myself (I don't know how many that is because
I've never managed to defend myself) I don't
have many points left for big guns. I know, sounds
like a personal problem, but I'd like to be able
to defend myself better. I think it's a reasonable
thing to wish for a anti-fighter missile system
like the Standard in use in the fleet.

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Prev: Re: A platoon by any other name... would it smell as sweet? Next: Re: [SG] Scout units