Prev: [FT] Comments on Glenn's aliens Next: Re: [FT] Comments on Glenn's aliens

Re: [FT] WotW #6: Targeting Lidar

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 20:55:06 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] WotW #6: Targeting Lidar

>From the Bells:

>What do you think a fire control system consists of?

Pick your PSB. Lasers, Radar, Mass detectors, subspace distortion
meters....

>Lasers are not used for more than ranging today, because the beam is
>hard
to keep on target (using only the reflected beam as an indication).

I picked a PSB I fancied. What matters to me is the game mechanic, not
the
dressing. If it doesn't match your vision of the PSB, rename it or don't
use
it.

> A fire control is a modulable, coherent energy source, a high gain
>system
of lenses and/or reflectors, and a signal processor.

Could also be a telepathic gerbil in a trackball. Perhaps he would like
little lidar assist.  :-)

>What reason is there for the TL not to be an FC, or a FC not to operate
>as
a TL?

I wanted a seperate system. I suppose You could say that uncommitted
firecontrols can be used as TL's, but that makes them more powerful and
should make their point value significantly higher.

Noam

Prev: [FT] Comments on Glenn's aliens Next: Re: [FT] Comments on Glenn's aliens