Prev: Re: WotD Laser Targeting Next: Re: [FT] Rules Questions

Re: Question (was: Re: Command Reactivation)

From: Andy Cowell <andy@c...>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 09:04:27 -0600
Subject: Re: Question (was: Re: Command Reactivation)

In message
<E50E940B390AD31192BB0008C7A4E3F203AB0E7F@1crp234.corp.disney.com>,
"Casquilho, Daniel" writes:
> > When you are playing a ground combat game (any game, not just
> > SG or DS), what "role" do you see YOU, as the player, actually
> > playing...
>
>	When I play I tend to see myself as the highest command on
table.
> However, I also sometimes feel a disconnect with the army I am
playing. I
> think it comes from having the "God's eye view" of the game. Sometimes
it
> feels like I am playing chess, where it is only an exercise in out
thinking
> the opponent rather then "fighting" a battle.

I've got to admit, I never really feel the part of any level of
command, at least consciously.	Even when I'm doing my best to play
realistically, rather than just to have fun or to win, I can't say
I've ever felt more than a detached spectator-- this platoon leader,

Prev: Re: WotD Laser Targeting Next: Re: [FT] Rules Questions