Prev: Re: [SG] Close Assault Questions Next: RE: [SG] Close Assault Questions

RE: [SG] Close Assault Questions

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 07:17:07 -0500
Subject: RE: [SG] Close Assault Questions

As I stated before, I would prefer it to stop at d12:d4.

I also like Tom Barclay/Los' ganging up rules used in "A Grey Day to
Die":

>From http://fox.nstn.ca/~kaladorn/Gaming/AGreyDayToDieForumPage.htm
Close Assault - Numbers Do Count!
Rationale: In SG2 close combat resolution, it is rather revolting to see
Veteran defender engage 9 Green troops, roll a 7 (mediocre or moderately
good roll) and just tell them not to bother to roll any dice because
they're
all dead. A modifier should fix this.
Ratio		   Effect
 1:1		   As Normal
 2:1		   Outnumbered figure shifts down 1
 3:1 (or greater)  Outnumbered figure shifts down 2

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net.
-----