Prev: Re: [OT] space cats (was: Re: Starship Basing Alternatives) Next: RE: [SG] Climate/Environment Aclamation (was RE: [OT] Canadians are C OLD....)

Re: Fighter mass

From: "Bif Smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 07:46:31 +0100
Subject: Re: Fighter mass

----- Original Message -----
From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@juno.com>
To: <Stargrunt-Fullthrust@yahoogroups.com>;
<FullThrust@yahoogroups.com>;
<gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Cc: <patconnaughton@earthlink.net>
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2001 3:13 AM
Subject: Fighter mass

> Okay, I have FB1 now.  I am looking at page 11 under Ship design and I
> see:
>
> "[Please Note that the Specialized Fighter Types Listed above are
> described in the "More Thrust" supplement]"
>
> I don't have, the local shops don't carry and I can't buy it with an
> outlandish bid on eBay this supplement!!!!!
>
> *pant, pant, pant* [Ahhhh, the injection is taking hold......]
>
> Seriously, could someone (until I find a copy available or GZG
re-prints
> this supplement (or puts in a new FT3) just tell me the significant
> advantage/difference (in general, not the whole mechanics) and the
masses
> of the:
>
> Heavy Fighters
> Fast Fighters (guess - High speed, less endurance?)
> Interceptor Fighters	(I assume they only shoot at other fighters???)
> Attack Fighters (anti-ship optimized???)
> Long-Range Fighters (longer range for less weapon/speed?)
> Torpedo Fighters (one shot Pulse Torpedo Attack??  Maybe less range
then
> real PT???)
>
> This is for design playing more then real game stuff (although *if* I
> ever get the Whistlers and Nekton fleets actually laid out... then I
> would need to get the specifics for the Whistlers who are fighter
> oriented even if the Nektons consider them "worthless scavengers of
real
> predators"...)
>
> Gracias, Glenn/Triphibious (American Mongrel)
> You don't have to be French to be a 'frog', or even human!
> Nektons - Real Marines! (Die, Ralnai, Die!)
> Starguard, Dirtside 2,  Ratner's Space Marines, Stellar Conflicts
> and Uprisings, and Full Thrust/2nd.  Resistance is everything!

Somebody else will reply, bit lets see if memory can get this right
(ie-no
book handy).

All fighters mass 6, just the cost changes with the different types.
Heavy fighters act if they have a level 1 sheild against PDS,other
fighters
etc.
Interceptors gain a extra +1 in fighter combat, only dammage a ship on a
6
(?).
Fast fighters move 36 MU per turn (instead of 24 MU), still move 12 MU
in
secondary movement.
Long range fighters gain extra endurance (ie-more secondary movement).
Attack fighters are the opposit of interceptors.
Torpedo fighters carry a small anti-ship missile, and roll 1D6, hitting
the
ship on a 4-6, each missile causes 1D6 dammage (1/2 armour, 1/2 hull, no
reroll?).

I think the above is right, but it`s only from memory, and I cannot
remember
the costs.

BIF
 "yorkshire born,yorkshire bred,