Prev: Re: FW: London Times Article Next: Re: FW: London Times Article

Re:[FT]Needle dammage

From: "Bif Smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 07:31:49 -0000
Subject: Re:[FT]Needle dammage

>>Needlebeam damage is *unrepairable* using damage control.
>>You need to bring in a repairship after the game.
>>

>Really?!  That was not explicit in my reading of FT/2nd.  Whoa, Nelly,
>that makes those FireCon hits deadly!	Three firecon hits and a SDN
>(assuming no extra firecons) is just a hard to kill freighter!!

Yep, this is what needle beams are useful for (target the enemies
f.cons,
drive etc and leave him a sitting duck). Of course, this opens up the
posibilities of the long ranged needle beams being repairable, and close
range needle beams not being repairable. Or you could say that two
suscessful repair rolls are needed to repair needle/long range needle
dammage.

Just a idea.

BIF
 "yorkshire born,yorkshire bred,
 strong in arms, thick in head"

Prev: Re: FW: London Times Article Next: Re: FW: London Times Article