Prev: Re:[FT]Needle dammage Next: Re: A interesting sample from Eureka

Re: FW: London Times Article

From: JRebori682@a...
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 04:28:23 EST
Subject: Re: FW: London Times Article

In a message dated 3/8/01 11:04:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,
imperialdispatches@yahoo.com writes:

> Wasn't this also one of Saberhagen's Berserker stories ? Damaged
Berserker,
> directedto a 'plum' planet. A military officer is outraged, but then
the
> encyclopedia salesman reveals the deception.
>
> The moral of this statement that our deceitful nature is a survival
trait.

Now that I think about it, I did reread a bunch of Berserker stories not
too
long ago, Maybe that is where I remember it from. Still, I think it has
possibilities for the setup to a decent scenario, with one side
expecting one
battlefield and finding something very, or even only slightly different.
All
it takes is a suitably evil umpire to set it up.

John Rebori
Don't think of it as being outnumbered
Think of it as having a wide shot selection.

Prev: Re:[FT]Needle dammage Next: Re: A interesting sample from Eureka