Prev: RE: Newbie Question Next: RE: RE: [FT] WotW 2: EMP Weapons

RE: [FT] Hidden stats was: WotW 2: EMP Weapons

From: "Mark 'Indy' Kochte" <kochte@s...>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 12:09:38 -0500 (EST)
Subject: RE: [FT] Hidden stats was: WotW 2: EMP Weapons

On 14 Feb 2001 KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de wrote:

> > > Karl suggested
> > >  >Attacker nominates three target
> > >  >systems, numbering them 1, 2, 3
> > >  >Defender nominates 3 system (4,5,6).
> > >  >Throw a die to see which one is
> > >  >hit.
> > [Bri] This is OK if you have knowledge of your opponents ship. But >

> if you are working against a custom design and you do not know what
> > systems it has, how do you designate what systems to have checked?
>
> Indeed, the shooter has to know what the target ship has on board. At
> least at the moment the target systems are defined.
>
> General question:
> How does everybody play ships stats and capabilities ? Open for
> everyone to see ? Hidden cards ?
> Both seem viable - depends on the style of game you want.

<delurk>

As you said, it depends on the style. I've done a variety of ways,
from totally open to totally hidden. In general, though, we don't
advertise what each ship has unless it uses that system. THis is
mostly for threshold checks - we don't tell the other side what got
scragged in a check. At least not directly. If it seems that it would
be obvious to the other side that a particular system has been hit
(eg, FireCon, engines, shields, etc), then we will say something like
"ship X suddenly has a reduction in FireCon emmissions", or "the engines
of Ship M are no longer putting out as much thrust as they were before",
etc. We may or may not share what each ship is constructed with prior
to the scenario/game. But in the case noted above, we typically don't
reveal things after the game has started.

Just my 2 quatloos worth

<re-lurk...>

Prev: RE: Newbie Question Next: RE: RE: [FT] WotW 2: EMP Weapons