Prev: Re: [OT] modelling Q Next: Re: [OT] modelling Q

RE: [OT] modelling Q

From: "Dean Gundberg" <Dean.Gundberg@n...>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 11:52:55 -0600
Subject: RE: [OT] modelling Q

> On Thu, 01 February 2001, "Peter C" wrote:
>
> > While on the topic of mounting things on washers... I built a
> bunch of FT
> > bogeys for my game using 1" dia wooden disks and 1" metal
> slugs.  What is
> > the best glue to use with wood and metal?  I've been using a
> CVA glue and
> > it's not working out so well...
>
> I've been experimenting with wooden disks on metal fender washers
> for making fighter stands. Dean G. gave me the idea, though I
> have modified his idea a little (using small tacks instead of
> earring stems, snipped short, because they are cheaper).
>
> The glue I use is Goop. Goop is messy and, well, goopy....

Like Allan says, I also use 1" wooden disks and fender washers for my
fighter bases.	Instead of Goop, I use 'E6000', a glue found in most
craft
stores and in the craft area of  Wal-Mart.  I raided it from my wife's
craft
supplies since it is commonly used in crafting for jewelry where you
have to
attach a stone to fabric or metal.  Its also goopy, similar to rubber
cement
but dries much stronger and attaches pretty much anything to anything.
It
stays somewhat flexable when dried and works best when you have a decent
amount of contact area.

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://star_ranger.homestead.com/
star_ranger@my-deja.com

Prev: Re: [OT] modelling Q Next: Re: [OT] modelling Q