Prev: Re: [OT] modelling Q Next: RE: [OT] modelling Q

Re: [OT] modelling Q

From: "Chris DeBoe" <LASERLIGHT@Q...>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 12:45:50 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] modelling Q

Devcon makes 5 minute epoxy, also a 2 minute version, superglue gels
etc,
and you should be able to pick them up at any hardware center.	I
wouldn't
use them for some plastics (nylon, urethanes/polyester/polyether or
polyethylenes) but they should handle most of the other materials you're
likely to try.	I suspect that "resin" models are a urethane with a
filler
(fiberglas?), don't know how that would work.  Styrenes should be okay.

If you're determined to try to glue some of the less cooperatve
plastics,
you can try Devcon Plastic Welder 2--score/roughen the surfaces first
and
try not to stress the joint.  I've gotten Krylon primer to stick to
polyethylene, so you might prime it before you try to glue it.	You'll
probably be better off to pin it together first, though.