Prev: Re: First mini pics for Gropos Next: RE: First mini pics for Gropos

RE: [sg] Support Weapon Questions

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 07:02:49 -0500
Subject: RE: [sg] Support Weapon Questions

Thanks!

I only found it described by weapon: "...no weapon may fire more than
once
per turn..."(p.33) and "...the player may decide to have some squad
members
... fire at one target, while he uses the other action to make the
squad's
missile launcher fire at another target..."(p.15). But all examples I
found
of different targets were where the squad used a different type of
weapon
for each of the attacks.

Which led me to several options:
1) It takes a seperate action for each target. This makes the most sense
and
agrees with your view.
2) Split fire may not be done with the same weapon type out of the same
group. This would be a harsh restriction and is pretty silly since you
can
do it for different weapons types.
3) Split fire may be accomplished by a unit for the same action. But is
not
consistant with the charge of another action when support or heavy
weapons
are fired seperatly.

Now another related question:
Am I correct in assuming that any one unit may only make ONE attack
against
any ONE target in an activation?

I.e. the SAWs in the previous example could not fire at the same target
as
the small arms if they were being fired independantly (not combined
fire).

If I am correct, it is per activation or turn?

What is the difference? If a unit is reactivated, can it perform another
fire action? If so, can it target the same unit it targeted before?

[snip]