Prev: Re: Nitto SF3D was: Re: OT: AT-43, any news? Next: RE: [sg] Support Weapon Questions

Re: First mini pics for Gropos

From: "Alex Kettle" <squawk@c...>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 06:08:32 -0500
Subject: Re: First mini pics for Gropos

>[snip]
>>

>from the online discussion board and Symon Cook, I understand that the
>minis are actually about 10mm.  however, I'm not sure how accurate the
>scaling is, since this has waffled in the past.  the pics seem to
indicate
>something a bit larger than 6mm to me, but without a reference point,
it's
>just a gut-feel....
>
>bottom line is I'm *hoping* for more of a 6mm scale to mix with GZG
figs.

>Dave

Actually they ARE going to be in the 10 mm range. This is "N" scale or
so
isn't it? I believe they mentioned that they were hoping to allow
players to
use the "wide range of terrain" in that scale- apparently the EA tanks
work
out to just over 1 inch or so (does that work out to that scale- I'm
afraid
I'm not familiar with it). That and I believe they're really trying to
avoid
letting people mix scales as they think it would cut down on sales. I'm
in
the playtest for Gropos, so if I hear more on the minis I'll  post it
(if
others don't get to it first that is ;-)
I'll go back to my lurking hole now.

Later,
Alexander Kettle,

Prev: Re: Nitto SF3D was: Re: OT: AT-43, any news? Next: RE: [sg] Support Weapon Questions