Prev: RE: [OT] inkjet printer decals Next: Testimonial RE: [OT] inkjet printer decals

RE: [OT] inkjet printer decals

From: Thomas Pope <tpope@c...>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 09:03:19 -0500
Subject: RE: [OT] inkjet printer decals

> I tried this once, and it was a miserable failure.

With regular decal paper and regular clearcoat, the MicroMark stuff and
sealer or "the system?"

> Everything was going fine with the decals until the end, when I
> sprayed the figures with clearcoat sealer -- something in the spray
> sealer reacted with the ink on the decals, and the decals were
> ruined.
>
> I'm not really sure what will solve this problem... maybe I should
> be using a different kind of inkjet printer to make the decals, but
> I'm not willing to buy a new printer just for the sake of making
> decals.

As far as I know, all inkjet printers are created equal, at least iwth
respect to decal paper.  If you were to buy a new printer, I'd spend
$150 on
eBay and buy the cheap APS instead.

> See you in 7 weeks!

That soon?  I gotta go, well, prepare or something...

Prev: RE: [OT] inkjet printer decals Next: Testimonial RE: [OT] inkjet printer decals