Prev: Re: mobility in DS2 Next: Re: [FT] Starfleet Wars Miniatures

Re: [FT] Starfleet Wars Miniatures

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 21:44:22 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Starfleet Wars Miniatures

At 11:06 PM 1/6/01 -0800, you wrote:
>John Crimmins wrote:
>
>> Has anyone come up with stats for a ship this size?	I did it myself,
years
>> ago, and posted the results on the first version of my web page...but
that
>> was pre-Fleet Book, and is long lost in any case.  I'd be curious to
see
>> what other people have done with this monster -- I'm esitmating the
mass to
>> be at least 500, although that's probably a little conservative.
>
>Infact yes :) I've got a Earth Force Posideon Carrier and that's HUGE.
>set it at 500 mass and made it a dedicated carrier. It carries 18
>fighter groups and mass PDS + C1s with about 8 C2s. I think at one
point
>I made a SSD with 22 fighter groups on it. As with all ships make it
>mission specific. If you want a carrier, make it all carrier, if you
>want a Super Dimentional Fortress make it nothing but beam batteries.

I did one version last night -- insomnia is a pain, but it can
occasionally
be useful -- baed on a mass of 600 and an ungodly number of beam
batteries.
 I gave it two fighter squadrons, and a pair of MT missiles, but other
than
that...nothing but beams, beams, and more beams.  God help anything that
gets with 12 MU of the forward arc.

There's something really fun about designing something as over-the-top
as
this.  If anyone wants to see it, I'll post the SSD.

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: mobility in DS2 Next: Re: [FT] Starfleet Wars Miniatures