Prev: Re: [FT] Starfleet Wars Miniatures Next: Re: New on the list

Re: [FT] Starfleet Wars Miniatures

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 21:46:43 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Starfleet Wars Miniatures

At 01:05 PM 1/7/01 +0100, you wrote:
>John Crimmins wrote:
>
>>It's also worth noting that, because we were gaming on a much >smaller
>table than usual, we used centimeters instead of inches for >the first
>time. While this caused a few problems -- none of the players >was used
>to estimating distances in cm --  and was one of the >reasons that the
>SML shots didn't hit, it worked out well enough that >we've agreed to
>use cms for FT from this point forward.
>
>Another convert to the True Faith :-)
>
>>But anyway....  One of my oldest painted ship models is a Starfleet
>>Wars Terran Federation "Super Galactic Dreadnaught".
>
>A nice model. I have five :-)

Good lord.  I want more, don't get me wrong, but the thought of five of
those things on the table at the same time....

>>Has anyone come up with stats for a ship this size?
>
>Dean Gundberg has FB stats for all Starfleet Wars ships (except
>possibly the very latest releases) on his Star Ranger page at
>http://star_ranger.homestead.com/ (in the "personal stuff" section).

I see he had the same thought about those huge turrets.  Beam 4s at
least
-- those guns are the size of a scout ship!

>>For what it's worth, I'll be using the SGD in scenarios designed
>>specifically around it, not as a ship of the line.  It's big enough to
>be a
>>fleet all by itself, when you get right down to it....
>
><chuckle> Yes... I have five SGDs (all Terran, unfortunately), but so
>far I've only used them in demo games :-/

Seems like a good training scenario for new players.  "See this?  Okay,
everybody: Kill it!"

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: [FT] Starfleet Wars Miniatures Next: Re: New on the list