Prev: Re: Re-striking the colours rules Next: Re: [FT] Starfleet Wars Miniatures

Re: mobility in DS2

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 12:03:40 +1100
Subject: Re: mobility in DS2

G'day Noel,

 >Any thoughts? It seems straight forward...
 >Is this too simple? To hard to manage?

The logic behind the idea seems sound. My biggest problem with the idea
as
is, is the fact that you've got to cost in the effects of the different
terrain capabilities of the different movement schemes too. This tends
clump costs so you're more likely to see something like

Mob.	    Type pt./inch  base 10" cost
----------	--------	-------------
Low-Mob wheels 1	10
Slow Tracked	    3	30
hi-mob. wheels	  3	30
fast tracked	    3	30
slow GEV	   4	40
fast GEV	   4	40
GRAV	   5	50

Though even that is probably pooling a little too much. In many ways it
is
just much easier to designate fast/slow (and even medium as Indy
suggested)
versions of a movement system and cost those.

But that's just my opinion, if you can make your's work I'd be
interested
to see what results it produced ;)

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

Prev: Re: Re-striking the colours rules Next: Re: [FT] Starfleet Wars Miniatures