Prev: Need Suggestions for UFTWWWP Format. Next: Re: Nathan's FB3 comments, was Re: [FT] OU & IC & FB3

Re: Suggestions and Advice Solicited!

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 17:23:31 +1100
Subject: Re: Suggestions and Advice Solicited!

G'day Allan,

 >I have yet to play a co-operative SG2
 >or FT game (not sure FT would work
 >with it, but SG2 could).

Its how we teach out kids (mostly Lachy as Janneke is still a bit young
concentration span wise) to play any wargame. After the first few games
Lachy starts to want to do things with less talking but every now and
again
he still likes to have a game where we talk things through more.
GZGwise,
it works really well for SG and DS and its OK for FT so long as the
experienced players have written their orders before we start discussing

options and ideas with him. Its been interesting seeing which ideas took

him a while to pick up (usually things to do with command and control
and
using cover) and what came naturally (converged fire, grand batteries,
fire
lanes). He's co-opting his sister into games on the lounge room floor
now
its school holidays... Lachy's version of SG troopers (his SG squads vs
Janneke's masses of bugs, snakes and worms) may not be completely true
the GZG vision, but the influences are very obvious ;)

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Need Suggestions for UFTWWWP Format. Next: Re: Nathan's FB3 comments, was Re: [FT] OU & IC & FB3