Prev: Re: Dirtside Question: Zero or low G combat Next: Re: [HIST] conflicts in the GZGverse - LLAR

Re: DSII Vehicle creation page

From: "Peter Mancini" <peter_mancini@m...>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 12:14:13 -0500
Subject: Re: DSII Vehicle creation page

>From: Colin P <colin@imhotep.org.uk>
>I seem to recall a system by which automated machinery is given a
>flowchart 'program' to follow depending on its function.  This would
>severely restrict the actions available to an 'automated' tank.  But it
>would make for silly situations - a 'feature' of your flowchart causes
>it to fire at an enemy that is out of range, whilst a 2 man team pops
the
>top with an anti-tank weapon. :)
>
>If I remember correctly it actually got printed in a 'White Dwarf' some
>time ago.

Yes, that was about 8 years ago.  Lots of fun.	It was used for their
robots
and basically gave a broad description of what the robot would do.  For
"programming language" it was really interesting.  Being a hard core
programmer myself, I found it a lot of fun to play with.  It even
resolved
easily - however you non-computer expert or non-puzzle enjoying gamer
would
really dislike having to BUILD new systems.

I created one for patrolling that worked reasonably well.

--Peter

_______
______
Get more from the Web.	FREE MSN Explorer download :
http://explorer.msn.com

Prev: Re: Dirtside Question: Zero or low G combat Next: Re: [HIST] conflicts in the GZGverse - LLAR