Prev: Re: new lister ... presents his credentials and says hi.. Next: Re: DSII Vehicle creation page

Re: DSII Vehicle creation page

From: devans@u...
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 19:33:18 -0600
Subject: Re: DSII Vehicle creation page

***
If there's no change, but you feel obliged to pay more for AI then I'd
suggest just buying superior systems.
***

Sensible, of course, but Tuffleyverse seems to use flesh-and-blood
troops,
even if in tanks, almost exclusively. I'd think that political reasons
would argue for 'bloodless' battles if AI were capable, even if
expensive.

Game balance and fairness argues you can call a tank an AI or crewed as
you
wish, of course, but war is just more grim if it's not reruns of Robot
Wars(or whatever that new show is called).

Instead of a point cost, can you think of a different mechanic to make
the
tanks FEEL non-human? Some inflexibility of action, or spoofing by novel
situations? Dependency on central control? EMP-vulnerability is a little
oversold, and a relatively good reason for NO AI.

As with aliens, I want more than different weapons and systems. I want a
different species. Given my limited imagination, I hope for rules that
force me to be an alien or robot, not a man.

As always, I'm speaking from the position of an airless, er, vacuum
head.

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer - Adolf Hitler

Prev: Re: new lister ... presents his credentials and says hi.. Next: Re: DSII Vehicle creation page