Prev: Re:[SG2] large games (batallion level and up) Next: RE: The Primus Re: What is the location of the rebel base?

Re: SG2 vehicles vs infantry

From: "Peter Mancini" <peter_mancini@m...>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 11:14:11 EST
Subject: Re: SG2 vehicles vs infantry

>I canNOT accept that a *Green* trooper will destroy or completely
>disable a super-heavy tank frontally almost 10% of the time, however!
>Especially not if the target has ERA and/or point defences, but such
>systems seem to be absent in SGII :-(

>From the standpoint of the weapons vs. armor, it does seem reasonable.

However this probably isn't a technology question.  BattleGround WWII by

Easy Eight handles this nicely - if infantry want to attack armor they
have
to make a "half gut" check (morale * 50%).  Basically is is a morale
check
and green troops have something like a 20-30% chance of making it.  That

would turn the 10% into a 3% chance.  Perhaps you should try that as a
house
rule.

--Peter

Get more from your time online.  FREE MSN Explorer download :
http://explorer.msn.com

Prev: Re:[SG2] large games (batallion level and up) Next: RE: The Primus Re: What is the location of the rebel base?