Prev: RE: [SG2] large big arse games of SG2 Next: Re: SG2 vehicles vs infantry

Re:[SG2] large games (batallion level and up)

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@f...>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 07:31:57 -0700
Subject: Re:[SG2] large games (batallion level and up)

At 2:13 PM +0100 11/8/00, Claus Paludan wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>do any of you have any experience with playing large games like
>batallion level and up. I ask because we might try someting this
>large in my wargaming club. It will probably not be a tank heavy
>setup, but mainly grunts and set in WW2. Is it possible?? Does it
>take too long to complete a turn(I know it'll take longer of
>course), does the command level rules function at theese high
>levels??

I've played small pieces of Command Decision (GDW's ww2 rules). That
achieves battalion-plus scales by making one stand of infantry or
vehicles represent a platoon. The timescale and balance in the rules
also serves to make a regimental or division scale game feasable.
Trying to do a battalio
--

Michael Carter Llaneza

Devolution is very real to me.

Prev: RE: [SG2] large big arse games of SG2 Next: Re: SG2 vehicles vs infantry