Prev: RE: Painting, Airbrush Questions [CLEAN STAMP] Next: RE: RE: [FT] Salvo Missile Range + Plasma Bolt question

Re: RE: [FT] Salvo Missile Range + Plasma Bolt question

From: "Chris DeBoe" <LASERLIGHT@Q...>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 15:52:24 -0500
Subject: Re: RE: [FT] Salvo Missile Range + Plasma Bolt question

----- Original Message -----
From: Dean Gundberg <dean.gundberg@noridian.com>
To: <gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2000 3:23 PM

> > I have a solution for missiles and plasma bolts. If we take the
> > vector movement system
> > everything has enercia. Well it should anyrate :) So why not add
> > the LAST turn's velocity to
> > the missiles? If you ship is traveling 18" then the missiles go
> > and extra 18" in the direction of
> > the velocity of the ship that's firing them. Messure out hte
> > velocity and then use that as the
> > starting point of the missile fire point.
>
> Why not?  Well because it changes the balance of the whole game :)
>
> With current rules, Salvo Missile armed ships have to close within 30"
(24"
> range plus 6" attack radius) and survive a round of fire before they
can
> fire their missiles.

Not necessarily.  You just have to arrange your mutual vectors such that
his
end point is within range and arc of your start point.	You could fly
past
each other, for instance; or if you're being chased you could drop them
and
fly past them while your pursuer flies into them.  I concede that
arranging
vectors to suit your fancy isn't always a trivial exercise and it's most
convenient if he starts with a NSL squadron moving at speed 2.

Prev: RE: Painting, Airbrush Questions [CLEAN STAMP] Next: RE: RE: [FT] Salvo Missile Range + Plasma Bolt question