Prev: Re: SG2 questions, mostly shooting from vehicles Next: Re: RE: [FT] Salvo Missile Range + Plasma Bolt question

RE: Painting, Airbrush Questions [CLEAN STAMP]

From: "Rick Rutherford" <Rick@e...>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 15:48:14 -0500
Subject: RE: Painting, Airbrush Questions [CLEAN STAMP]

agoodall@canada.com wrote:

> .... I still haven't found a technique I like for
> doing a wash or detailing over an airbrushed vehicle's cammo pattern
> that doesn't risk wrecking the pattern, though.

I came up with a mix that works really well with Testors Acryl paints:

Use 4-5 parts of the flat clear medium with 1 part flat dark brown or
black paint and 1-2 parts Acryl paint thinner (NOT water), depending on
how thin you want the mix to be (the thinner is smelly, but not toxic).

It's like a wash that you spray over the model -- it will darken the
color of the model's paint slightly, and it makes dark lines when it
collects in the cracks and crevices of the model. Unfortunately, the
effect isn't reversible, so if you make it too dark, you'll have to
start over from the beginning.

-- Rick Rutherford

======

This electronic message transmission contains information from
Electronic
Systems, Inc., which may be confidential or privileged.  This
information
is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above.
If
you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure,
copying,
distribution, or use of the contents of this information is prohibited.

If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please
notify
us immediately by telephone at	(804)649-1800

[INFO] -- Virus Manager:
This email message and any attachments were scanned by the WorldSecure
Server t
hat protects Electronic Systems and its customers. No Viruses were
detected in
this message.

======

Prev: Re: SG2 questions, mostly shooting from vehicles Next: Re: RE: [FT] Salvo Missile Range + Plasma Bolt question